Halloween can be a lot of fun, but when you’re throwing a Halloween Party you need all the help you can get. Thanks to store bought cupcakes, our Halloween spirit just got better. All you need to do is show your Halloween baker spirit!
- 1 dozen store-bought, un-iced cupcakes (pumpkin if they have seasonal flavors)
- 1 can dark chocolate frosting
- 1 box prepared orange fondant (recommended: Wilton)
- Rolling pin
- 2-inch round cutter (or one that is same diameter as the tops of the cupcakes)
- Small shaped cutters and/or large pastry tips
Frost all of the cupcakes with a smooth even layer of the chocolate frosting. Wipe off the spatula frequently, and dip it in warm water, if necessary, to get the frosting as smooth as possible.
Roll out the orange fondant to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a round biscuit cutter, cut out 12 rounds from the fondant. Using small cutters, cut a jack-o-lantern face of your design in each round. Lay the rounds on top of the cupcakes. Arrange the cupcakes on a serving a platter and serve.
Recipe by Sandra Lee (Food Network)