If you’re a carrot cake fanatic like I am, you will love this Carrot Cupcake recipe with a zest of Orange Cream Cheese Frosting. It’s mmmm…delicious!
Classic Carrot Cupcake with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (9 ounce) pkg frozen sliced carrots
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook carrots according to pkg directions until tender. Drain & mash in a large bowl. Add sugar, oil & eggs, beat well. Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt. Beat into carrot mixture. Stir in chopped nuts. Pour batter into cupcake pan lined with baking cups. Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool and frost.
Ingredients for Frosting
- 1 pkg (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest (from 1 orange)
Blend cream cheese & butter in a large mixing bowl on low speed until combined. Stop the machine & gradually add the sugar, blending with the mixer on low speed until the sugar is well combined. Then add the orange juice & zest to the mixture. Increase the mixer speed until the frosting lightens & is fluffy, about 1 minute. Use at once to frost your cupcakes.
Makes approx. 23 cupcakes.